Tuesday, March 2, 2010

What's On Your Design Wall - 3-1-2010

I finished the heart wallhanging, but didn't have time to take a picture before I gave it to my sister.  She said "you done good, kid."

What she doesn't know is that I was unable to 'gather myself' enough to finish sewing the binding to the back and do a little quilting.  I called my Favorite LQS Quilter's Market and Linda L (owner) had me bring it in and she finished it for me.  I've always said Quilters are the Most Wonderful People ... this just proves it!!  THANKS LINDA FOR YOUR CARE, CONCERN AND FINISHING TOUCH!

Unfortunately, my sister and the wallhanging are in Peppi's House Hospice.  My sister has lung cancer and while she was doing well for the past year, over the last week she took a turn for the worse and I had to admit her to the hospital on Wednesday afternoon and by Friday morning she was in Hospice.

Please pray that her passing is peaceful.

To see what other quilters have on their Design Walls, please visit Judy Laquidara’s blog, Patchwork Times.

Quilty Hugs,


1 comment:

Melinda said...

I'm so sorry about your sister. It's wonderful that you were able to get the wallhanging finished to give to her.