Monday, January 11, 2010

Another setback or is it an opportunity?

I got up this morning all ready to complete the PP blocks.  I pulled out all the pieces (yes, I put things away when I'm done for the day) and lo-and-behold...I didn't cut enough of one fabric and guess what ....??  I don't have enough material to finish!!

I don't truly believe in tarot cards and horoscopes but there are days when the message seems to fit the current situation, perfectly. With that said, my tarot horoscope for today says I am to have a good day...LOL

Keywords: victory, (material) success, mastery, graduation, completion
Description: The Chariot symbolizes enthusiasm, competitiveness, and triumph.
Success and victory are achieved by employing all powers at his disposal, physical, spiritual, and intellectual. The positive sides of the self, being strong and self-controlled, balancing conflicting emotions, triumphing over obstacles, and sustaining an effort, support attaining goals, thereby leading the way to transformation and self-knowledge.
I'm hoping to triumph over this obstacle (as the tarot card said) by trying to use the small piece of the one material I'm short on, cut it smaller than the PP pattern leaving just 1/4" on each side and see if that will work for me.  If not, then I guess I'll have to find another 'pink' in my limited pink stash, finish up the 3 blocks I have started and make one more velum to get 4 blocks.  That's my obstacle for the day.  I'll let you know if I succeed!

I guess I was most amazed by the fact that I didn't have enough material.  I'm a give-me-a-yard girl, usually I get 2 yards...so what happened ??? 

No comments: